Friday, 24 June 2016

White dot top- modified simplicity 8084




I bought some lightweight white spot cotton from the Cloth House in Soho a few weeks ago. I wanted to make a light casual top, with a simple shape to make the most of the pattern. I liked the drawstring waist of my recent simplicity 8084 dress and decided to modify it to make a sleeveless tunic. 


I am pleased with the result. I used French seams for a neat finish inside and to stop the loose weave cotton unraveling. The neck and armhole edges are bound with bias binding.

I have been watching the Great British Sewing Bee and decided to time myself. It took 5hrs 30minutes. Don't think I'd make the cut, however I did make my own bias binding and put the back section on back to front, so about an hour was unpicking three French seams. 




No comments:

Post a Comment